The free Classic Editor & Classic Widgets plugin helps you to easily disable Gutenberg editor totally everywhere and enables Classic Editor and Classic Widgets.
Classic Editor and Classic Widgets plugin enables old-style WordPress Classic Editor for “Edit Post” with TinyMCE (WYSIWYG), Meta Boxes (Custom Fields), and others. Once activated, this plugin hides all functionality available in the new Gutenberg block editor.
What does this plugin do?
- Disables the Gutenberg Editor
- Enables WordPress Classic Editor
- Enables Classic Widgets
- Disable Gutenberg totally
- Disable Gutenberg for any post type
- Editor Switcher
- Choose Default Editor
- Choose Widgets Editor
- Choose Editor for each post
- Full Support Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
- Hide plugin menu item
- Enable/Disable frontend Gutenberg styles
Also, you will be able to use old-style Classic Widgets under Appearance > Widgets and Appearance > Customize > Widgets. There is no need to setup any configuration.
By default, this plugin hides all functionality available in the new Gutenberg block editor without setting up any extra options.
Upgrade to Pro Version
Classic Editor and Classic Widgets PRO plugin provides more additional features. Go to the Next Level with Pro Version. Pro plugin works together with this Free Plugin and does not need any re-installation or deactivation of Free version.
- Choose Editor for User Roles
- Choose Editor for Custom Post Types
- Remember Last used Editor
- Displaying Post States
- Exclude Posts/Pages by Autocomplete
More Powerful Plugins
Developed with love by WP Grim
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Please find more details on Plugin Installation in documentation
Where can I find Plugin Settings?
This plugin doesn’t have any Settings. It works with activating the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Classic Editor and Classic Widgets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- New features added.
- Minor bug fixes.
- WordPress 6.0 compatible.
- Settings Page added.
- Choose Default Editor feature added.
- Choose Widgets Editor feature added.
- Allow Switch Editors feature added.
- Show Edit Links feature added.
- Enable Gutenberg Frontend feature added.
- Hide Plugin Menu Item feature added.
- Enable ACF Support feature added.
- Try Gutenberg Panel removed.
- Readme updated.
- WordPress 5.9 compatible.
- WordPress compatibility update.
- New Improvements.
- Readme updated.