Adds a “Powered by WordPress version (X.Y.Z)” notice anywhere in your blog template. Suggested php code can be cut pasted to add anywhere in your theme template, especially in footer. Will not automatically add the code. See Installation for php code.
Let the world know your blog is powered by the latest version of WordPress.
- Unzip the download package
- Upload the folder with all files to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the following code to the template wherever you want the notice to appear.
- Check your blog for the WordPress version notice.
- Q: Why should I display my blog wordpress version?
It is good practice to update to the latest version of WordPress. This is essential for new features, bug fixes and more importantly, for your blog security. Let the world know your blog is powered by the latest version of WordPress.
- Q: Where can I send feedback about this plugin?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Display WordPress Version” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added class to the text which can be speciifically tweaked as required.
- Now code can be added anywhere in theme template.
- PHP code needs to be manually added to template.
- No longer automatic addition to footer.
- Initial release.