This plugin allows you to assign WordPress navigation menus to the secondary navigation menu within the Genesis Theme Framework on a per post, per page, or per tag/category archive basis. The per post, page, category or tag setting overrides whatever menu setting you have in your Genesis Theme setting. It does require that you have your Secondary Navigation enabled in your Genesis Theme Settings.
- Upload the entire
genesis-simple-menusfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create any new menus you need with the WordPress menus feature
- Choose the menu you want to display by choosing it from the drop-down menu in the post/page or category/tag edit screen.
Contributors & Developers
“Genesis Simple Menus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix issue where menus were not displaying when set to the default option.
- Add option for primary navigation.
- Test with WordPress 5.2.2.
- Fix Coding Standards issues.
- Restructuration of files.
- Rewrite based on plugin boilerplate.
- Better labeling for forms.
- Full support for latest WordPress and Genesis.
- WordPress 4.4.2 & Genesis 2.2.7 compatibility.
- Add check for secondary menu in use by theme.
- Disable save on bulk edit.
- Permission check fix.
- Add automatic support for custom taxonomies.
- Update for Genesis 1.6.
- Add custom taxonomy support.
- Fix verify nonce logic.
- Add .pot file & register text domain.
- Add a handle to the simple menu object.
- Original version.