WP NotifyComment is a very simple single pluggable function plugin with no widget interface. A mail is sent to the moderator when a new comment is posted, to alert him that moderation is awaited. This function was originally working on the first WordPress versions and then has behaved erratically after a change in code (malformed header).
To install the WP NotifyComment plugin just follow this simple 5-step recipe :
- Download the plugin and expand it to an empty directory of your local disk drive.
- Copy the local wp-notify-comment folder created by the unzipper onto your server plugins folder (wp-content/plugins/).
- Login into the WordPress administration area and click on the Plugins left menu. Expand the Installed view.
- Locate the NotifyComment plugin and click on the Activate link. Check that the plugin is actually listed as activated.
- You are done, check now a comment is sent if you post a comment (not being logged as administrator).
More information on this widget utilization can be found there.
- What is this plugin fixing in the original pluggable function ?
The mail header formatted by the standard wp_notify_postauthor function is empty instead of containing the required fields. This plugin fills the fields correctly.
- Is there any configuration required in the admin panel ?
Nope. Nothing other than activating the plugin itself.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP NotifyComment” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP NotifyComment” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First release. NotifyComment initial implementation.