Adds Open Graph Protocol meta tags to individual content pages of your WordPress install. Works in coordination with “Like” buttons and “share” inside Facebook and other consumers of OGP metadata.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- To add the “Like” module, use this code:
<?php /** * Include this code on your theme for single blog posts (for example, in your single.php file) * or on your blogs main page to include a Facebook "Like" iframe */ if (function_exists('the_opengraphprotocoltools_like_code')): the_opengraphprotocoltools_like_code(); else: echo "<!-- opengraphprotocoltools is not activated -->"; endif; ?>
It would be best if in your theme you also added an attribute in the
<html> tag, like this:
<html prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#">
Is there a FAQ?
I’ve gotten some bug reports via GitHub, you can report bugs or make comments there.
For more information about Open Graph Protocol
Visit Open Graph Protocol.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Open Graph Protocol Tools” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Open Graph Protocol Tools” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First version.
- Changed instructions, fixes encoding errors for non-English content.
- Improve issue with home vs front page
- Improvements by pathawks to accommodate more types
- Address double encoding issue with wptexturize modified values
- Misc improvements I never enumerated and can’t remember. Whoops.
- WordPress 5 compatibility check!
- Support for tag archive pages
- WordPress 5.5 compatible