Adds Open Graph Protocol meta tags to individual content pages of your WordPress install. Works in coordination with “Like” buttons and “share” inside Facebook and other consumers of OGP metadata.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- To add the “Like” module, use this code:
<?php /** * Include this code on your theme for single blog posts (for example, in your single.php file) * or on your blogs main page to include a Facebook "Like" iframe */ if (function_exists('the_opengraphprotocoltools_like_code')): the_opengraphprotocoltools_like_code(); else: echo "<!-- opengraphprotocoltools is not activated -->"; endif; ?>
It would be best if in your theme you also added an attribute in the
<html> tag, like this:
<html prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#">
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Open Graph Protocol Tools” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- First version.
- Changed instructions, fixes encoding errors for non-English content.
- Improve issue with home vs front page
- Improvements by pathawks to accommodate more types
- Address double encoding issue with wptexturize modified values
- Misc improvements I never enumerated and can’t remember. Whoops.
- WordPress 5 compatibility check!
- Support for tag archive pages
- WordPress 5.5 compatible