Checks Domain WHOIS Lookup for availability. Simple insert the [pwhois] shortcode on a page or post.
To select the default TLD use the default attribute: [pwhois default=com] – sets .com as default in the TLD dropdown.
TLD List is limited because of the knowledge of the required whois servers. If you wish to have support for a special TLD please contact me and I will implement it asap.
We cannot guarantee that every domain lookup works perfect, in case that whois servers and how to talk to them can change time by time.
However if you inform us about changes and we can get it to work, we give you a free version of the Pro version of this plugin!
Demo 1 – at our own page.
Demo 2 – live version at a hosting providers webpage.
- Shortcode [pwhois]
Support Forum @ forum.powie.de
You get faster feedback if you post in our forum, rather than on wordpress.org!
- Deactivate plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Delete plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Upload this Plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Adjust settings
Contributors & Developers
“Powie's WHOIS Domain Check” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
0.9.32 – 0.9.33 (15.07.2020)
- Security Fix – https://wpvulndb.com/vulnerabilities/10300
- com.br added
- 5.4.2 tests
- ES translation
- translation slug changed to made tranlation more easy
- bugfix on handling outputs from whois servers
- whois server list update
- adding default outputs
- 4.4 compatibility
- error corrections
- optimized free detection
- Added co.za lookups
- User can configure html code before and after whois output
- Changed available status check
- Added .za lookups
- Optimized handling on .at whois lookups
- Optimized handling on .com whois lookups
- Fixed Bug on nonpriv ajax handling
- Setting for showing www. in front of the input field
- Setting to enable or disable plain whois output
- WHOIS server timeout handling
- Initial Version