Insert shortcode [random-post] to a page or post to display a random post from all of your posts.
Also provides a widget to display the excerpt from a random post (published only).
To display only posts from a single category use: [random-post category_name=”News”].
You can display more than one post, using the numberposts attribute, example: [random-post numberposts=”5″]
Support Forum @ powie.de
- Deactivate plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Delete plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
…. you tell me
- Upload this Plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Random Post Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- WP 5.9 tests
- php 8 compatibility
- 4.9.5 evaluation
- unset var bugfix
- attribute numberposts to display more than one post
- display by a single category possible
- WordPress 4.4 compatibility
- New: Random Post Widget
- first version with all required stuff by me