Read More About allows users to add links in a story using a shortcode to provide addition reading material about a subject. Works great for large topics that can\’t all be explained in one post.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Read More About Example block scaffolded with Create Block tool.
- In the WordPress Dashboard, go to \”Plugins\” -> \”Add New\” and search for \”Read More About\” and click install and activate.
- To add related links for a post, go to the bottom post editor and click \”Add Link\” and fill out the fields for either an internal or external link.
- To add the shortcode to the post, go to the top of the visual editor and click the button with the \”RM\” on the far right of the top row of buttons. To change the title of the related links section, fill out the title attribute. The float attribute accepts either left, right, center or none.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Read More About” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updated the block to work with the way Gutenberg and the block editor work.
- Refactor the entire plugin to use an object-oriented programming paradigm.
- Upped the lowest PHP version supported to 7.0.
- Tested to work with WordPress 5.7.1.
- Added the Read More About Gutenberg block.
- Tested with WordPress 5.3.
- Tested with WordPress 4.9.
- Added support to show the read more about section on pages as well as posts.
- Added a description field for each link for added background if need be.
- Tested with WordPress 4.8.
- Added a widget to show the additional links in the sidebar rather than in the post if the user wishes.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.
- Removed styles for the ‘Read More About’ section header and article titles so that they match with the current theme.
- Fixed issue with translations not loading.
- Tested with WordPress 4.6.
- Allowed user to move around the order of the links.
- Added an option for a light or dark color scheme.
- Tested with WordPress 4.5.
- Removed ‘http:’ from wp_enqueue_scripts for Google fonts.
- Fixed error with no ending
div> tag in the read more section.
– Changed the style of the read more section. Background is now white with a slight box shadow.
– Fixed issue with internal link dropdown not showing initially in the editor screen.
- Initial release to the WordPress plugins repository.