WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
Our core platform is free, flexible, and amplified by a global community. The freedom of open-source means you retain full ownership of your store’s content and data forever.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use WooCommerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
- Create beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Customize pages in minutes using modular product blocks.
- Showcase physical and digital goods, product variations, custom configurations, instant downloads, and affiliate items. Bookings, memberships, subscriptions, and dynamic pricing rules are only an extension away.
- Rise to the top of search results by leveraging WordPress’ SEO advantage.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
- Choose how you want to get paid. Conveniently manage payments from the comfort of your store with WooCommerce Payments (Available in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and now: Spain, France, Germany, and Italy). Securely accept cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash thanks to 100+ payment gateways – including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Configure your shipping options. Print USPS labels right from your dashboard and even schedule a pickup with WooCommerce Shipping (U.S.-only). Connect with well-known carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and ShipStation – plus a wide variety of delivery, inventory, and fulfillment solutions for your locale.
- Simplify sales tax. Add WooCommerce Tax or similar integrated services to make automated calculations a reality.
Grow your business, add features, and monitor your store on the go
WooCommerce means business. Keep tabs on the performance metrics most important to you with WooCommerce Admin – a powerful, customizable central dashboard for your store.
Expand your audience across marketing and social channels with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Facebook integrations. You can always check out the in-dashboard Marketing Hub for fresh ideas and tips to help you succeed.
Enhance store functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions from the official WooCommerce Marketplace. Our developers vet each new extension and regularly review existing inventory to maintain Marketplace quality standards. We are actively looking for products that help store builders create successful stores.
Manage your store from anywhere with the free WooCommerce mobile app (Android and iOS). Spoiler alert: Keep an ear out for the slightly addictive “cha-ching” notification sound each time you make a new sale!
Own and control your store data – forever
With WooCommerce, your data belongs to you. Always.
If you opt to share usage data with us, you can feel confident knowing that it’s anonymized and kept secure. Choose to opt-out at any time without impacting your store.
Unlike hosted eCommerce solutions, WooCommerce store data is future-proof; should you wish to migrate to a different platform, you’re free to export all your content and take your site wherever you choose. No restrictions.
Why developers choose (and love) WooCommerce
Developers can use WooCommerce to create, customize, and scale a store to meet a client’s exact specifications, making enhancements through extensions or custom solutions.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
The core platform is tested rigorously and often, supported by a dedicated development team working across time zones. Comprehensive documentation is updated with each release, empowering you to build exactly the store required.
Be part of our growing international community
WooCommerce has a large, passionate community dedicated to helping merchants succeed, and it’s growing fast.
There are WooCommerce Meetups in locations around the world that you can attend for free and even get involved in running. These events are a great way to learn from others, share your expertise, and connect with like-minded folks.
WooCommerce also has a regular presence at WordCamps across the globe – we’d love to meet you.
Contribute and translate
WooCommerce is developed and supported by Automattic, the creators of WordPress.com and Jetpack. We also have hundreds of independent contributors, and there’s always room for more. Head to the WooCommerce GitHub Repository to find out how you can pitch in.
WooCommerce is translated into multiple languages, including Danish, Ukrainian, and Persian. Help localize WooCommerce even further by adding your locale – visit translate.wordpress.org.
- PHP 7.2 or greater is recommended
- MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended
Visit the WooCommerce server requirements documentation for a detailed list of server requirements.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WooCommerce, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “WooCommerce,” then click “Search Plugins.” Once you’ve found us, you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by! Click “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
Manual installation method requires downloading the WooCommerce plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
If you encounter issues with the shop/category pages after an update, flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting “Save.” That should return things to normal.
WooCommerce comes with some sample data you can use to see how products look; import sample_products.xml via the WordPress importer. You can also use the core CSV importer or our CSV Import Suite extension to import sample_products.csv
Where can I find WooCommerce documentation and user guides?
Where can I get help or talk to other users about WooCommerce Core?
If you get stuck, you can ask for help in the WooCommerce Support Forum by following these guidelines, reach out via the WooCommerce Community Slack, or post in the WooCommerce Community group on Facebook.
Where can I get help for extensions I have purchased on WooCommerce.com?
For assistance with paid extensions from the WooCommerce.com Marketplace: first, review our self-service troubleshooting guide. If the problem persists, kindly log a support ticket via our helpdesk. Our dedicated Happiness Engineers aim to respond within 24 hours.
I’m having trouble logging in to WooCommerce.com – what now?
Will WooCommerce work with my theme?
Yes! WooCommerce will work with any theme but may require some additional styling. If you’re looking for a theme featuring deep WooCommerce integration, we recommend Storefront.
How do I update WooCommerce?
We have a detailed guide on How To Update WooCommerce.
My site broke – what do I do?
Start by diagnosing the issue using our helpful troubleshooting guide.
If you noticed the error after updating a theme or plugin, there might be compatibility issues between it and WooCommerce. If the issue appeared after updating WooCommerce, there could be a conflict between WooCommerce and an outdated theme or plugin.
In both instances, we recommend running a conflict test using Health Check (which allows you to disable themes and plugins without affecting your visitors) or troubleshooting the issue using a staging site.
Where can I report bugs?
Report bugs on the WooCommerce GitHub repository. You can also notify us via our support forum – be sure to search the forums to confirm that the error has not already been reported.
Where can I request new features, themes, and extensions?
Request new features and extensions and vote on existing suggestions on our official ideas board. Our Product teams regularly review requests and consider them valuable for product planning.
WooCommerce is awesome! Can I contribute?
Where can I find REST API documentation?
Extensive WooCommerce REST API Documentation is available on GitHub.
My question is not listed here. Where can I find more answers?
Check out Frequently Asked Questions for more.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Add – Add support to remote inbox notification actions to link to other wp-admin pages. #33237
- Add – Adding task list sidebar panel on Activity Panel. #33329
- Add – Add a new admin list table implementation that works with the Custom Order Table. #32864
- Add – Implements update/saving logic for orders in the COT datastore. #32667
- Add – Add tracks to new product and edit product screens #33120
- Add – Add/edit products: add new Tracks props #33177
- Add – Add wpAdmin scripts for tracking actions in the category, tags, and attribute pages. #33118
- Add – Add purchase task to experimental task lists #33178
- Add – Add tracking for old product walkthrough and new product spotlight tour #33329
- Add – Wrap spotlight product tour under experiment logic #33329
- Add – Adding property to tasks tracks events to indicate context. #33329
- Add – Add optional usage of database transaction when synchronizing data between posts table and the orders table #33329
- Add – Add tasklist_cancel_load_sample_products_click event track for product task #33329
- Add – Add individual analytics leaderboard endpoints. #33329
- Add – Add a new Product Reviews admin screen, and remove reviews from the existing Comments admin screen. #33329
- Add – Add product page spotlight tour #33329
- Add – Updated @automattic/tour-kit to 1.1.1 which has live resize functionality #33452
- Add – Add a new collection parameter, force_cache_refresh, to Reports API endpoints which will cause the current request to bypass the cache, re-run the queries for the requested data, and overwrite the previous cache entry with the new results. #33221
- Dev – Remove contributors script as it is no longer needed. #33329
- Dev – Add a new ArrayUtil::select method #33329
- Dev – Add script for accessing database schema via CLI #33329
- Dev – New filter
woocommerce_taxonomy_archive_description_rawadded to provide a further way to modify product archive descriptions. #33329
- Dev – Add script to get database schema from CLI #33130
- Dev – Make it possible to specify input field names separately from the ID. #33329
- Dev – Fix onboarding task type errors after migrating woo.onboarding to TS #33153
- Dev – Upgraded react-router-dom to v6, it should not cause any visible changes to the end user #33156
- Dev – Comment: Simply update deprecated-tasks.tsx type annotations #33329
- Dev – Fix type errors in ./client after migrating options store to TS #33168
- Dev – Update woocommerce-admin “test:watch” command #33329
- Dev – Update webpack.config.js to ensure we use styles from build-style #33329
- Dev – Allow strings to be passed as ‘class’ arg to ‘
- Dev – Add a mechanism to mock globals and a DynamicDecorator class. #33329
- Dev – Deprecate wcAdminAssetUrl and WC_ADMIN_IMAGES_FOLDER_URL #33329
- Dev – Update dependency history to ^5.3.0 #33027
- Dev – Remove WCA installation merge test — no longer needed #33329
- Dev – Comment: Whitespace change, no changelog required #33027
- Dev – Update Webpack to 5.x #33329
- Enhancement – Add total payments volume rule processor for inbox notifications #33192
- Enhancement – Improve Twenty Twenty One notice styles #33329
- Enhancement – Swap info and message notice colors in Twenty-Twenty #33329
- Enhancement – Update product template descriptions #33329
- Fix – Suppressing warnings for malformed metadata in product template downloads. #33184
- Fix – Fix continue button is enabled even when email is null in setup wizard #33329
- Fix – Fix failing TimeInterval test #33329
- Fix – Fix notice on woocommerce_admin_disabled filter enabled #33108
- Fix – Use term ID to query category IDs in analytics #33164
- Fix – fix setup wizard usage button loading state #33329
- Fix – Fixes for the WP CLI updates #33329
- Fix – Fix a warning caused by an attempt to iterate over a submenu that may not exist on WC Pay subscriptions page. #33329
- Fix – Fix broken design of Single Product template in block themes when product had no reviews or additional info #33329
- Fix – Clean up unused remote inbox notifications option #33373
- Fix – Settings: fix Tracks event when enabling/disabling advanced features settings. #33305
- Fix – Fix accidently deleted method during merge for 33034. #33142
- Fix – Fix the styling of the frame in the Leaderboard section of Analytics. #33163
- Fix – Fix obw free extension rules for the marketing task with php 8 #33329
- Fix – Fix product tour splotlight location #33329
- Fix – Fix product tour TypeError when reading innerHTML #33448
- Fix – Fix: Content width issue and Classic Template blocks alignment issue for Twenty Twenty-Two. #33329
- Fix – Fix typos in various cot migration messages. #33329
- Fix – Add role=”presentation” to table on the add-to-cart form as an accessibility enhancement. #33329
- Fix – Change attribute slug length requirement and add wc_create_attribute tests #33329
- Fix – Fix the script version parameter for chunk URLs #33329
- Fix – Make sure payment gateway title is a string before sanitizing
- Fix – Trigger Photoswipe modal when clicking child elements of the trigger element #33329
- Fix – Updates the stable tag and changelog from 6.6.0 release. #33329
- Fix – Remove placeholder product icon if a featured product image is available (avoids issues with transparent images). #33329
- Fix – Update CLI messages in COT migration to be more clear.
- Fix – Fix payments experiment banner logic to be executed before experiment is called. #33549
- Fix – Move tracks _ui and _ut properties out of filtered tracks properties. #33621
- Fix – Revert marketing task completion logic to only complete after actioned by user. #33676
- Fix – Fix Uncaught DOMException on WooCommerce -> Extensions page. #33711
- Fix – Import correct controls for export function. #33709
- Fix – Rename event prop from cross-sell to cross_sell. #33704
- Fix – Fixing bug where the activity panel stopped functioning after route changes. #33722
- Performance – Remove orderCount and publishedProductCount from preloaded settings and moved to using orders/products data stores. #33064
- Tweak – Add type hints in the signature of wc_add_number_precision to prevent invalid inputs. #26965
- Tweak – Introduce new hook
woocommerce_set_cookie_optionsto exercise more control over cookie options. #33329
- Tweak – Add charset collation to COT tables. #33329
- Tweak – Correct typos in Custom Order Tables migration runner. #33329
- Tweak – Improve styling of WooCommerce notices (frontend) for the Twenty Twenty theme. #33329
- Tweak – Update product task experiment names #33428
- Tweak – Make the option ‘woocommerce_tracker_ua’ load on demand. #33329
- Tweak – Removed Facebook for WooCommerce extension from the Installed marketing extensions list. #33781
- Update – Log errors during the posts to orders table migrations #33136
- Update – Comment: Changelog already added (see fix-product_attributes_lookup_table_update), the intention is for this to ship in the same release. #33329
- Update – Update email marketing checkbox to be unticked by default. #33329
- Update – Remove the navigation nudge note #33241
- Update – Update the version of Action Scheduler to 3.4.1 #33184
- Update – Update ActionScheduler to 3.4.2 #33329
- Update – Add “built by Woo” label to Pinterest #33329
- Update – Comment: Bumping versions for 6.7 #33329
- Update – Replace the date_created column name with a class property in the analytics datastore #32644
- Update – Update the tax task title to “Set up tax rates” #33329
- Update – Turn on experimental-product-tour feature flag #33413
- Update – Woo Blocks 7.7.0, 7.8.0 and 7.8.1 #33329
- Update – WooCommerce Blocks to 7.8.3 #33514
WooCommerce Blocks 7.7.0 & 7.8.0 & 7.8.1
- Enhancement – Add the
Repeated imagemedia controls to the Featured Product block. (6344)
- Enhancement – Filter Products by Price: Decrease price slider step sequence from 10 to 1. (6486)
- Enhancement – Add the
Repeated imagemedia controls to the Featured Category block. (6440)
- Enhancement – Add support for
Font familyfor the
Mini Cartblock. (6396)
- Fix – Remove bold styles from All Products block. (6436)
- Fix – Issue where the Cart & Checkout could have some of the locked inner blocks removed. (6419)
- Fix – Broken translation in Cart/Checkout blocks. (6420)
- Fix – Featured Item Blocks: Fix an issue where the default color could be overridden by a theme, and where custom colors were not applied correctly. (6492)
- Fix – Only enqueue the relevant translations script. (6478)
- Fix – All Products block: New product is missing in the Cart block if
Redirect to the cart page after successful additionis enabled. (6466)
- Fix – Respect low stock visibility setting in Cart/Checkout. (6444)
- Fix – Decouple Store API payment handling from Checkout block loading code. (6519)
- Fix – PHP notice in Mini Cart when prices included taxes. (6537)