YouTube quick shortcode plugin contains –
- Embedding YouTube videos using YouTube’s URL address.
- Text button “YouTube” within TinyMCE editor that outputs [ytube_shortcode url=”|||||” ]
- The admin user can embed clips from YouTube simply by pasting the URL address of the clip between any two | characters, i.e. [ytube_shortcode url=”||https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw_O_pH_mhI|||” ]
- In order to work, the plugin settings page must be opened and prefered options saved. Note that even if the default settings are fine, the admin user still have to save the options.
- The plugin is light and its main purpose is to allow the admin to embed a YouTube video with least clicks possible.
- The plugin doesn’t allow customization per post/page. It uses general settings and it is intended for users that prefer general, rather than strongly customizable, settings.
- The plugin’s’ general settings lets the user define screen size, show information, show related, show controls of the YouTube clips.
The main purpose of the plugin is to save clicks when a WordPress administrator wants to embed a YouTube clip in a WordPress site.
- Upload ytube-quick-shortcode.zip` onto your local computer.
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard and select Plugins >> Add New.
- Click on the Upload option at the top and select the ytube-quick-shortcode.zip file` you just downloaded.
- Click on Install.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- In order to work, the plugin settings page must be opened and prefered options saved. Note that even if the default settings are fine for you, you still have to save the options.
- Within your TinyMCE editor click on YouTube text button and paste URL of YouTube clip between ” “
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“YouTube quick shortcode plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “YouTube quick shortcode plugin” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.